Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shine has begun

Oh my goodness, these last weeks have been so busy yet SO good. We started our 6 week seminar on the global sex trade and a Christian response. So far we've had some great speakers but the information is definitely quite heavy. A lot of the students are having a difficult time learning how to process these things. Keep them and us in prayer please. Next week we have an amazing woman speaking on Biblical Justice so that should be encouraging. We have a good group of people here eager to learn, I'm enjoying getting to know them.

We have an outreach/teaching in Latvia in a few weeks, so please pray for that, we are hoping to get a really great deal on tickets tomorrow. I know I don't know where exactly the money will come in, but I know that if I'm to go, I'll go.

I am really enjoying the beauty of this city. Yes there is a heaviness of sin, but God is a restorer. I am looking forward to being apart of this restoration in the future.

a photo of our staff and students!

2 comments:

  1. This is very cool what you are doing. Noriko brought it to our awareness, here in Los Angeles. I pray that your work will help Americans too. There are sooooo many "message" store fronts & craigs list ads regarding sex trade business. May God bless & protect you & your girls. As soon as I get some $$$ I will contribute. I am very sensitive to this subject. Sometimes it happens in your own home. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salverymap.org shows just how much human trafficking is going on in America, I am here in Amsterdam now but really want to continue this work back in America in maybe 2 to 5 years. One of the biggest things I say when I am speaking to others is how it is not something that is very far from home. the mentality of a prostitute is not very different than a girl who parties and sleeps around. and anyone who is not educated on this matter, meaning your sister or nieces and nephews could be victims, no matter where you live or how much money you have. thank you for praying, it truly means a lot.

      Delete