Saturday, February 26, 2011

swing brother swing

Last night i started to watch the movie Swing Kids, and after about 3 mins i decided to be spontaneous and check to see if any swing events were going on in Amsterdam, sure enough there was - only a 10 min bus ride from my huis! I got ready in 10 mins and ran to catch my bus. But, being so excited and in the rush to make my bus, i forgot the name of the cafe and the exact address.. had the bus to take, the stop and knew it was "head North on this street make a Right on this street" HOWEVER i wrote down the stop wrong and got off too soon. it was a very unpopulated area at 10pm. But i saw a woman on her bike and asked her which way this street was and she gave me a ride on the back of her bike (a very Dutch thing to do). People here are really SO nice. So i find this cafe and it was SO fun.. best night of swingin i have had in a long, long time. i connected with everyone SO well and they were all so kind.. i made new friends and one of the swing instructors even gave me a ride back to my huis on his bike too... i was so very Dutch last night! it was amazing!
here is me on the back of his bike :)




In other news; the seminar is going AMAZING!! I have so much I want to say about it but i'm still processing... i will try to post about it soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Katie everything there loooks GORGEOUS. Your are definitely in a beautiful place. So cool to see the personality God has given you fit right into the swing of things. Speaking of swing:), I must say I'm kind of sad I wasn't there with you at the cafe but its alright. I still need to learn before I try it in public, Love ya Katie. Lord bless ya!

    ReplyDelete