Monday, March 7, 2011

Children on the Streets

So we are entering our 3rd week of the seminar. it's soo busy, really good, but super busy. Today we had a couple who have been living in Brazil for 27 years speak. Their main focus is street children.. their stories were unreal... so hard to believe yet all true. So many kids Gwen's (my 10 year old neice) age on the street, being raped, part of gangs, with boyfriends twice their age, afraid of being killed, throats being slit in the middle of the night (yes this is true), hooked on drugs, abortions in the streets at the age of 11... soo sad. i couldnt stop crying. Tears kept streamig down my face. I couldn't control them.. thats someone's daughter or neice or sister or cousin out there. To think of something so outrageous happening to my beloved nieces make me cringe.
Tomorrow we are going to Den Haag to work with an organization who work with prostitutes. I am bringing my scissors to do their hair, so excited for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment