Monday, March 21, 2011

This is war

My entire life I’ve heard Ephesians 6, especially verse 12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." But I do not think I've actually lived in a world where my perspective is based on spirit and not flesh, not until now that is. Since my encounter with the 3 black men on Friday night I have one, had dreams every night since then that I’ve been trafficked, and two, countless black men have been walking down the street (in daylight) and when I pass by them there is something evil in their eyes and they shout out things at me or creepily get close and whisper something. Not every man obviously but definitely enough to note. Normally I'd just think oh dumb guys but I am seeing things through a new perspective now. As I told the director of the Lighthouse, Melissa, about my encounter she told me a similar story she had several months back when for a whole week she faced the same obstacles with guys here. But she said how she was faced with a spirit of intimidation and fear, much like I’m feeling now. Wouldn't it make sense that just as much as God wants me here in Amsterdam, Satan wants me out? If I’m not aware of this I could easily get scared and run, even leave this city, but knowing that Satan wants me out of here so badly reminds me that I need to stand up and fight with my spiritual armor. I will not be intimidated and I will not leave. Because Christ has victory over death and I shall not be afraid. However, this is a message I MUST remind myself; I am constantly at war and it will never end, not until I die or Christ comes back. This war is real, very real, and I mustn’t take the situation lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment