Saturday, December 3, 2011

I made it back to Amsterdam

My life has been a stress case getting everything done and prepared to be here. Now I am here and I have a full week to settle in. It's amazing. This time around I definitely shed more tears than I ever have but thats normal. Every time I had ever left for some place I always had a ticket back home or would be coming home within 3 to 4 months even if it was for a few days, this time I'm not sure when I will be back home to visit, it will probably be no earlier than a year. Truly every few mins (the past two days) I have had to remind myself that God has called me here and I am in the place I need to be, because its easy to go back to my comfortable home in San Diego. But my life is the Lord's and I trust Him with it fully.

On a different note, I got to see my some of my teammates after I had arrived (that is after I took a nap :) It was so great to see them, and their kids. I got to feed and rock a 4 month old twin to sleep and my heart was so happy. Not being able to hold my little 6 week old nephew, Ethan, for a while is hard but I love how the Lord brought two babies and a toddler and a little girl Lucy's age into my life to help with missing my nieces and nephews.

The weather here is beautiful. It's been raining on and off (for those of you who don't know I LOVE rain) and when its not its got bursts of sunlight. It's been a lot colder than San Diego, between 45 and 50 degrees. Good thing I've got my sweaters and gloves stored away in a suitcase at The Lighthouse building which I half forgot half left there when I came back to my home after visiting last night. One, I am hoping to move over there in a couple weeks and since I don't have a car I will have to travel by bus with my luggage and leaving it is just one more thing I don't have to bring, and two, I rode my bike back which has been stored at The Lighthouse after I left in April. My friend just gave it to me, it was such a blessing! Riding back was great, its so much easier and faster getting around than just walking and cheaper than taking the bus! Now lets hope I can manage riding it around with a bunch of other fast, experienced bikers!

Also I am finally adding emails from the list I got at my Meet & Greet at Foothills, if you didn't receive an email from me please email me with yours so that I know to add you at KatyBeStill@Gmail.com it really is nice to stay in touch while I'm away. Knowing I have people back home supporting me in what I do and praying for me makes a HUGE difference.


A few things to pray for:
-I am applying for my visa shortly and being that the price TRIPLED in Euros in the last few months I need the last chunk and to be accepted!
-That my heart would be right and that I would dive into the Word even more here
-Also because this being a Missionary is quite new to me that I would know what to do and how to do it Biblically.

Thank you guys for loving and supporting me through everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment