Sunday, December 18, 2011

Inspiration when we need it

Today I read James 4:17 "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin." and was severely convicted. I even spoke on this section of James for my PDS final my 3rd semester. What truth to read now. These last several weeks I have been slightly depressed with the thought of leaving everything behind to follow Christ's calling in my life. I kept thinking "I am just holding onto this hope that what God has for me out here is huge and I wanna be apart of it." It helps me to live every day a little bit easier. However, what James is saying here is if you know without a doubt what you are supposed to do and don't do it, then you are sinning. Yes SINNING. If I chose to leave Amsterdam and go home now, it wouldn't be a small "oh I tried and wasn't strong enough to succeed story" it would be a "God gave me this life because He knows that through Him I can handle it, even when the 'going get tough' He is with me and it would be a complete SIN to leave this behind." What a sobering message.

Today I also watched the movie Soul Surfer. I knew that I would one, cry, and two, be so inspired to conquer the world after watching it. I was right. I don't want to just skim by this life never giving my complete all. That would simply be a sin and just completely foolish. Yes, the life I have here in Amsterdam may be sacrificial in some ways but its nothing compared to the opportunities that will arise, or the lives God wants to save, or the love that I can spread through Jesus.

God, I think I am now ready to receive your plans here in Amsterdam, please use me, I'm fully yours and fully open.


Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment