Monday, December 12, 2011

I must decrease so that He can increase

Tonight I had dinner with Elisabeth, our Shine Seminar leader. It was encouraging beyond words to hear her heart. She is a beautiful and gifted woman who gives all glory to Christ. We both have a heart to see the broken redeemed and restored. Something that the Lord has told us both in the last few months was that the work He wants to do here in the Red Light District of Amsterdam is truly bigger than we could ever imagined. I am so encouraged and was reminded of why I am here. Although I am nothing, I serve a BIG God who is everything. He chose me to be apart of what He is doing here and I am flabbergasted. I can't wait to see what He does.

Also a neat short story and prayer request; today while walking around the city me and 3 new staff members (whom I had met today) was stopped by an 8 month pregnant woman with 2 young kids. She spoke no Dutch or English but had a horrible map of the address she was looking for. We took her bags from her (she was carrying a heavy backpack, and two suit cases) and asked around til we found her destination. It was then clear that she was running. From who or where I do not know. But when she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek saying "dank you, dank you" my heart just sank. I wanted to make sure she was going to be ok, but knew it is the safest for her to be hidden. Please pray that whatever she is running from stays far away from her and that this scared refugee finds the comfort and peace she needs, as well as hope for her and her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment